"The vision splendid" Lago di Misurina by iandsmith
Lago di Misurina Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 44 photos
The headline is a quote from a famous Australian poem. It was never more aptly applied than Lago di Misurina. Though the lake itself is only a kilometre long and, in winter, just a big white patch of nothing, the scenery that promises much actually delivers at this location.
In winter there are two standout buildings, both yellow and picturesquely situated at opposite ends of the lake. One is a research facility, the other (shown here) is a hotel.
I always knew that in my lifetime I would find a stunning mountain location. Dreamt about it in fact. It was somewhat odd that I heard about this place in Sicily. My hopes, on this occasion, were exceeded.
- Pros:Stunningly beautiful scenery
- Cons:It's off the main road
- In a nutshell:A must-see for any serious tourist
Lago di Misurina, in my humble opinion, has some of the finest mountain scenery in the world. For someone who hasn't... more travel advice
Just beyond the lake are the main skifields. There's plenty of room for carparking and lots of beginner and intermediate... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Lago di Misurina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chasing a reflection of the dawn: Tre Cime"
- "The vision splendid"
- "A gem surrounded by the Dolomiti mountains"
- "Lago Misurina Exceptional Dolomite Area"
- "Misurina: the lake and the Dolomites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago di Misurina
- Hotels in Lago di Misurina
- Transportation in Lago di Misurina
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lago di Misurina
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Lago di Misurina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Misurina
Photos in Lago di MisurinaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 141 reviews, 334 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos