"Not sailing - skiing" Lago di Molveno by iandsmith
Lago di Molveno Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
I'd often wondered since my first visit just how beautiful it would be if I ever managed to see it on a fine day. Now, I have to wonder no longer.
With autumnal tones beckoning us all the way from Lago di Garda it came as no surprise to see the stunning beauty that this small lake offered.
I'll let my picture tell the story.
Let's be brutally honest here. Lago Molveno in winter is not a good place for boating activities.........especially if you fall in the water! No, I didn't do either.
I did however, spend a wonderful day at Monte Paganella skiing most of the mountain, having two spectacular prangs but mostly, a good time.
Lago di Molveno, the town, is surprisingly quiet in winter. I was fortunate to get a room. Europeans are spoilt rotten when it comes to skiing and staying anywhere other than actually in the snowfield doesn't make sense. In Australia, it's often not even an option!
- Pros:Good sailing, good skiing, good facilities, great location,
- Cons:The usual smog
- In a nutshell:Uncrowded winter pleasure, beautiful anytime
The day was perfect, my memory was clear. Molveno had been special when I first visited but many of its charms were... more travel advice
It's just nice on occasions while skiing on a clear day to stop and reflect at how lucky you are just to be in that... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Lago di Molveno Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lago di Molveno
- Hotels in Lago di Molveno
- Restaurants in Lago di Molveno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago di Molveno
- 14 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (277)
Have you been to Lago di Molveno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Molveno
Photos in Lago di MolvenoSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 228 reviews, 567 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 153 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos