"The enchantment of Positano" Positano by iandsmith

Positano Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 634 photos

A son's legacy

"You have to go to two places Dad, Egypt and Italy. When you're in Italy, you have to go to Positano." Strangely, I took notice of my son and spent three nights there; but it wasn't enough. So we went back for more, allocating a further four nights this time.
If you think classic Italian hillside town, American tourists, decadence and unforgettable views, you'll pretty much have Positano in a nutshell.
I'd recommend going there during the shoulder season, unless you're a party animal and want to brush with the rich and mildly famous.

• Pros:Location, food, clothing, scenery
  • Cons:Can get crowded during summer
  • In a nutshell:Go there
  • Last visit to Positano: Oct 2009
  • Intro Written Dec 19, 2009

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Ian, Positano was too much for me. Glad I virtually took the hike above the town with your tips. Great photos. I stayed in Amalfi, not as many stairs. :-)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Hi Ian, great page on one of my special memory places. wishing you happy travels for 2010. Thanks for lovely tips & photo's ;-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM

My, my, Ian, you've outdone yourself. Quite a find with the hotel. The hikes were wonderful to follow because of your writing skills and photographs. Sure brought fond memories back for me.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Positano

Have you been to Positano?