"The enchantment of Positano" Positano by iandsmith
Positano Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 634 photos
"You have to go to two places Dad, Egypt and Italy. When you're in Italy, you have to go to Positano." Strangely, I took notice of my son and spent three nights there; but it wasn't enough. So we went back for more, allocating a further four nights this time.
If you think classic Italian hillside town, American tourists, decadence and unforgettable views, you'll pretty much have Positano in a nutshell.
I'd recommend going there during the shoulder season, unless you're a party animal and want to brush with the rich and mildly famous.
- Pros:Location, food, clothing, scenery
- Cons:Can get crowded during summer
- In a nutshell:Go there
This tip probably should have been in "Things (not) To Do" or "(Stubborn) Tourist Traps". Both times I've stayed in... more travel advice
When you're at the business end of Positano (read down the bottom) there is one building that stands out due mainly to... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 14 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
- Posted in Travel Exmouth Forum "Re: Advice for traveling in WA"
- Wrote a Review Man on a mission - the human mule in Positano Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Man on a mission - the human mule"
- created a Positano Travel Page "The enchantment of Positano"
- Commented on one of Geisha_Girl's Positano travel pages
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos