"One of the world's great places" Vigo di Fassa by iandsmith
Vigo di Fassa Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 17 photos
I'm not specifically referring to Vigo di Fassa of course, it's the Dolomites per se that drag me north every year.
Getting up close and personal with places like Catinaccio Rosengarten, Sass Pordoi and Marmolada aren't things you forget in a hurry.
One of the world's most stunning mountain ranges is virtually ignored by English speaking people. If you haven't brushed up on your German or Italian (or you never had it to brush up on like me) you could find yourself without good conversation for days on end.
Understandably that didn't deter me, I was there to converse with nature, not people, though a chat would have been lovely.
This time I went specifically to ski for a couple of days and take photos the other. Sounded good in theory but how can you find yourself in a place such as this and not take pictures continually.
- Pros:Mountain vistas personified, great skifields
- In a nutshell:stunning scenery, stunning scenery, stunning scenery, oh, and great skiing, mountain climbing and hiking!
The Mattioli family run this three storey establishment. Mum runs the accommodation and dad runs the adjacent... more travel advice
I was heading towards Cortina on my last day. The word from my landlady was that Passo Pordoi was closed. The word... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Vigo di Fassa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vigo di Fassa
- 18 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Vigo di Fassa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigo di Fassa
Photos in Vigo di FassaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos