"Plantation Island" Malolo Lailai Island by iandsmith

Malolo Lailai Island Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 54 photos

Would you come back again?

The only time I've ever been asked this question in all my holidays that I can recall is in Fiji; and I was asked it several times; the inference being that no, you and the questioner wouldn't return, yet, having said that, thousands do every year.
It certainly has pluses but, for me, they didn't outweigh the negatives. I'lll elaborate in the tips.

Apologies for the spelling, but that's how it was

Travel Date: August 2010
sic --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" me and my family have been going to plantation island for a few years now, and the last to trips, i had there where great and had such a good time. But the last trip we had was ajoke there was a sickness going around the island with people throwing up every. proply because poor hygine the rooms dirty and out dated. The island is serous need of work the sewer seytem stunk the hole time we stayed. the pools dirty and the food terible at the bafay the food was ethire over cooked or under cooked. the staff looked tired and wert as friendly. the island is still a beautful place but idon't think i would go back and do not recomend it anny one ."
My visit was in September 2012 and not much had changed, except, hopefully, the correspondent's spelling!
The rooms had been refurbished in our bure, number 401, but weren't very well thought out in the first place. The airconditioners have access to every room because there's no ceiling as you know it and then many windows are only shutters so you can't seal them totally from outside.

• Pros:Warm water, lots of aquatic activities, relaxed atmosphere
  • Cons:Terrible service, lack of fresh water, bacterial infections
  • In a nutshell:Nice to look at but beware, you might get sick
  • Last visit to Malolo Lailai Island: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2012

Comments

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Malolo Lailai Island

Have you been to Malolo Lailai Island?

Latest Activity in Malolo Lailai Island