"A booming place with nowhere to go" Paihia by iandsmith
Paihia Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 263 photos
Paihia, pronounced py-he-a is unashamedly here for the tourists, which is where VT comes in.
The winding narrow road off highway 1leads to a town labelled the jewel of the Bay of Islands.
It’s a place that certainly has some things going for it. The Bay of Islands itself is a pleasant enough place, more particularly enjoyable if you like the water which, no matter where you stay, is apt to be close by whichever of the myriad of accommodation houses you may be staying at.
Whether you want to chill out or have a good time with the family there’s sure to be something at or around Paihia.
Though it's ideally situated there's not a great deal of suitable land for buildings, and I include some that have already been built on!. So, what you see today will probably be close to what you see next time with expansion taking place at other locations nearby.
- Pros:Nice situation, plenty to do
- Cons:Need a car to take full advantage
- In a nutshell:Worth considering for a vacation
Paihia (pronounced pie-heah) is a key town on the Bay of Islands inasmuch as it sits at the eastern base of the bay and... more travel advice
You can't help but notice this little charmer on the main street. In fact, it's one of New Zealand's best known... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Paihia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paihia: Heaven in the Bay of Islands"
- "Going to the Bay of Islands !"
- "Paihia - Bay of Islands"
- "Bay of Islands"
- "Keeweechic's Paihia & Bay of Islands"
- "Bay of Islands"
- "A booming place with nowhere to go"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paihia
- Hotels in Paihia
- Transportation in Paihia
- Nightlife in Paihia
- Restaurants in Paihia
- Warnings and Dangers in Paihia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paihia
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Paihia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paihia
Photos in PaihiaSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 141 reviews, 334 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Paihia hotel reviews
- Haruru Falls Motor Inn Paihia
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Pipi Patch Lodge Paihia
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Bayview Motel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- The Mousetrap Backpackers
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Bay of Islands
- 396 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Bay Adventurer
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Saltwater Lodge
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Cook's Lookout Motel
- 570 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Quality Hotel Autolodge Paihia
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Mayfair Lodge
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 26, 2012
- Peppertree Lodge
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013