"What corrugated iron can do for your town" Tirau by iandsmith
Tirau Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 118 photos
For all the fuss and hullabuloo about Tirau, there's not a lot of it. Having said that, it's still worth a stop and you can easily wile away a few hours if you chance your arm in some of the art and craft shops.
The Tourist Information Centre is the show stopper, everyone stops to take a picture of it and, inside, they certainly don't hang back in trying to tempt you to part with the holy dollar.
Overall I enjoyed it though, whenever you go there, I will guarantee you won't be alone and there's a constant stream of traffic outside.
- Pros:Nice shops to see, how to build with corrugated iron
- In a nutshell:I enjoyed it, would go back again.
Here and there in Tirau there were some gardens with fine blooms when we were there in early spring, I thought I might... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Tirau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stop at Tirau ~ don't just drive through!"
- "Tirau, on the way to Rotorua and Taupo."
- "Tirau - a small town with a lot of antiques shops!"
- "What corrugated iron can do for your town"
- "Tirau - almost in the middle of nowhere"
- "The corrugated iron town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tirau
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Tirau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tirau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos