Ballarat Warnings Or Dangers Tips by iandsmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Ballarat Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 0 photos
I actually arrived in Ballarat around 1 a.m. in my motorhome and parked about 100 metres up from the well lit railway station, between some trees. Imagine my shock around 4.30 a.m. when I awoke to find a stranger in my home with my computer under one arm and all my camera gear under the other. Apparently I had neglected to close one of the three doors and this half stoned druggie had brazenly entered my vehicle.
My protestations and physical rebuffs caused him to drop the computer, camera and keys as I chased him, barefoot and clad in my underwear, across the broken glass that littered the area.
In hindsight I was lucky I only received a slight cut to my foot that didn't get infected and only lost my mobile phone and an old pair of sunglasses.
The police were summoned but, of course, by the time they arrived he was well gone. They too were somewhat surprised at the thief's brazeness.
Still, it soured my experience of the town somewhat.
More Reviews (31)
- Fast train to Melbourne
- See All On the hill
- See All Wesleyan Church 1883
- See All At the lower end of the scale
iandsmith's Related Pages
Ballarat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ballarat in the Central Victorian goldfields"
- "Reason for being"
- "Keeweechic's Ballarat"
- "Ballarat, or better: Sovereign Hill..."
- "A Former Gold Rush Town"
- "Ballarat - The Town that Gold Built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ballarat
- Hotels in Ballarat
- Transportation in Ballarat
- Nightlife in Ballarat
- Restaurants in Ballarat
- Shopping in Ballarat
- Warnings and Dangers in Ballarat
- See All...
Explore the World
- North Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Belvedere Island Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Aqaba Hotels
- Belize Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- warnings for women
- Sevilla Warnings and Dangers
- Cambodia Warnings and Dangers
- Newark Warnings and Dangers
- Seychelles Warnings and Dangers
- Dar es Salaam Warnings and Dangers
- Positano Warnings and Dangers
- Israel Warnings and Dangers
- St. Croix Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Ballarat
- 32 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Ballarat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ballarat
Photos in BallaratSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 140 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Ballarat hotel reviews
- Sovereign Hill Lodge
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Ballarat Mid City Motor Inn
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Grand Mercure Forest Resort Apartments Ballarat
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- WorldMark South Pacific Club Ballarat
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Ansonia Hotel on Lysiard
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Craig's Royal Hotel
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Best Western Lake Inn
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Tawana Lodge
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Sovereign Park Motor Inn
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013