Ballarat Warnings Or Dangers Tips by iandsmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Ballarat Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 0 photos
I actually arrived in Ballarat around 1 a.m. in my motorhome and parked about 100 metres up from the well lit railway station, between some trees. Imagine my shock around 4.30 a.m. when I awoke to find a stranger in my home with my computer under one arm and all my camera gear under the other. Apparently I had neglected to close one of the three doors and this half stoned druggie had brazenly entered my vehicle.
My protestations and physical rebuffs caused him to drop the computer, camera and keys as I chased him, barefoot and clad in my underwear, across the broken glass that littered the area.
In hindsight I was lucky I only received a slight cut to my foot that didn't get infected and only lost my mobile phone and an old pair of sunglasses.
The police were summoned but, of course, by the time they arrived he was well gone. They too were somewhat surprised at the thief's brazeness.
Still, it soured my experience of the town somewhat.
More Reviews (31)
- Fast train to Melbourne
- See All On the hill
- See All Wesleyan Church 1883
- See All At the lower end of the scale
iandsmith's Related Pages
Ballarat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ballarat in the Central Victorian goldfields"
- "Reason for being"
- "Keeweechic's Ballarat"
- "Ballarat, or better: Sovereign Hill..."
- "A Former Gold Rush Town"
- "Ballarat - The Town that Gold Built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ballarat
- Hotels in Ballarat
- Transportation in Ballarat
- Nightlife in Ballarat
- Restaurants in Ballarat
- Shopping in Ballarat
- Warnings and Dangers in Ballarat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ballarat
- 32 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Ballarat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ballarat
Photos in BallaratSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos