"Benalla" Benalla by iandsmith
Benalla Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
Benalla is situated just off the Hume Highway. These days you have to divert to get there, just like most towns on the highway.
Benalla's busy commercial centre begins at the eastern bank of Lake Benalla, mainly centred along the thoroughfare of Bridge Street and neighbouring Nunn Street. Historic buildings in the town centre include the Commercial Hotel (built in 1860), the town hall (1882) and the National Bank.
The town also has significant religious buildings, the old Presbyterian and Catholic edifices being typical examples.
- Pros:A fair bit to see, nice parks, good architecture
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a stop if you're travelling down the Hume Highway
The striking modern building set over the waters was completed in 1975 and houses a fine eclectic body of work that... more travel advice
I pulled up and couldn't help but notice this significant bit of sculpture sitting beside the museum and the water. As... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Benalla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Benalla, on the Melb-Syd inland highway"
- "BENALLA ...VICTORIA.."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Benalla
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to Benalla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benalla
Photos in BenallaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 226 reviews, 557 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos