"Boonah" Boonah by iandsmith
Boonah Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 77 photos
The Boonah district tends to include Aratula and Cunningham's Gap, the latter one of Australia's most famous passes as it forms part of a well traversed highway.
Boonah enjoys an pleasant setting in the heart of a prosperous agricultural area.
Situated 84 easy kilometres south-west of Brisbane and just under 100 m above sea-level, Boonah is known as 'The Heart of the Fassifern'.
Timber houses, these days seemingly long forgotten in the major coastal cities, can be viewed in abundance here.
Unlike many Australian towns whose origins lie in mineral wealth, this one was set up for the rural trade in 1882. The crops for the markets (mainly in Brisbane) are potatoes and carrots as well as cereal crops, beef, pork and timber.
- Pros:Lovely setting, relaxed atmosphere, some good attractions in easy driving distance
- Cons:a little isolated
Mt French National Park The Boonah Shire has a number of places to indulge in a favourite Aussie pastime, bushwalking.... more travel advice
In early gold rush towns, the significance of the place was often gauged by the number of pubs that sprung up to satisfy... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Boonah Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Boonah
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (275)
Have you been to Boonah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boonah
Photos in BoonahSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 228 reviews, 567 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos