"A Rum Job" Bundaberg by iandsmith

Bundaberg Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 33 photos

What's in a story

“Bundaberg, I’ve never been to Bundaberg.” Thoughts were spinning around in my head. I’d been summonsed off the reserve bench to do an article with a prestigious magazine and was frankly flattered but, why me?
After a couple of days I figured I had two things going for me; (a) Probably no-one else wanted to do it and, (b) I’m a teetotaller. The latter could be important in a town noted for one thing but nonetheless trying to get on the tourist circuit by promoting other attractions. I mean, I had heard there are no signs indicating where Bundy Rum is for starters. Turns out that, like Crescent Head, there were people out there who thought the signs might look better on their trophy wall back home. These days they have plain ones.
Heading up there across the Gateway Bridge allowed memories of ignominiously being taken off the bridge on the back of a tow truck when a faulty petrol gauge let me down. This time I was better prepared.
I got across the bridge okay but my battery recharger was overcooking my batteries and one of my alarms went off frequently nearing Childers which annoyed me no end until I worked out that it was reacting to a nearby bushfire.
- The preceding and what follows in my pages are the story I wrote about that trip. Not your conventional VT page but, hey, there's a lot of info in there somewhere. Cheers all

• Pros:Nice gardens, excellent aviation museum, nice CBD
  • Cons:No surf at the beaches, hot in summer
  • In a nutshell:A busy tourist town
  • Last visit to Bundaberg: Jul 2009
  • Intro Written Jul 22, 2009

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Bundaberg looks lovely place to visit. The Bundy Belle must be a nice cruise.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Bundaberg

Have you been to Bundaberg?

Latest Activity in Bundaberg