Canberra Restaurant Tips by iandsmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Canberra Restaurants: 66 reviews and 80 photos
I dined here with two other people and found the service to be good, the food well above good and the ambience also very favourable.
The area at Kingston is littered with many restaurants and cafes so you have many choices and this is one I would certainly put towards the top of your list.
It was one of the other people I dined with who suggested it and he works in the area so I would suggest that that is a good enough recommendation in itself.
Favorite Dish: The total bill for the three of us came to $119AUS and we had a couple of drinks and a dessert included in that.
Rosemarie had some croquettes that were too creamy for her but I not only drooled over them but ended up eating half of them. (Rosemarie has a slight allergy problem to cream. Tough.)
Address: 17 Kennedy Street, Kingston
Comparison: about average
Directions: In the area where all the restaurants are
This restaurant has an eclectic mix of fine food. Having eaten pizza all over Italy I can tell you this is as close to authentic pizza that I have come in Australia.
Favorite Dish: Their calzone was superb. In fact, I enjoyed it so much on the Saturday that I went back Sunday for seconds with the thought that it would be a long time before I got to eat something that good again.
Having said that their cakes and pastries are great and the rest of the food looked to be first quality, which would explain why the place was packed.
Address: Kingston shopping centre
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (48)
iandsmith's Related Pages
Canberra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- "CANBERRA - Aboriginal for "MEETING PLACE""
- "The Bush Capital..or..a good sheep paddock wasted?"
- "A Capital Idea"
- "Canberra Our Home"
- "A Capital City in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "CANBERRA, WE KEEP COMING BACK HERE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canberra
- Hotels in Canberra
- Transportation in Canberra
- Nightlife in Canberra
- Restaurants in Canberra
- Shopping in Canberra
- Warnings and Dangers in Canberra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canberra
- 50 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canberra
Photos in CanberraSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (121)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Australian War Memorial- 71 Reviews, 152 Photos
- New Parliament House- 45 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Galleries / Museums- 57 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Parks /Gardens / Lakes- 59 Reviews, 147 Photos
- The Telstra Tower / Black Mountain- 18 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Cockington Green- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Outdoor Adventure- 10 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Old Parliament House- 18 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Heritage Sites- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Embassies- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
See All Canberra Things to Do