Canberra Restaurant Tips by iandsmith Top 5 Page for this destination

Canberra Restaurants: 68 reviews and 89 photos

Il Figaro: Fine Italian

I dined here with two other people and found the service to be good, the food well above good and the ambience also very favourable.
The area at Kingston is littered with many restaurants and cafes so you have many choices and this is one I would certainly put towards the top of your list.
It was one of the other people I dined with who suggested it and he works in the area so I would suggest that that is a good enough recommendation in itself.

Favorite Dish: The total bill for the three of us came to $119AUS and we had a couple of drinks and a dessert included in that.
Rosemarie had some croquettes that were too creamy for her but I not only drooled over them but ended up eating half of them. (Rosemarie has a slight allergy problem to cream. Tough.)

Address: 17 Kennedy Street, Kingston

Comparison: about average

Directions: In the area where all the restaurants are

Price: US$21-30

Rating: 4

Theme: Italian

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Written Sep 10, 2006
Pizzazz: Fine food

This restaurant has an eclectic mix of fine food. Having eaten pizza all over Italy I can tell you this is as close to authentic pizza that I have come in Australia.

Favorite Dish: Their calzone was superb. In fact, I enjoyed it so much on the Saturday that I went back Sunday for seconds with the thought that it would be a long time before I got to eat something that good again.
Having said that their cakes and pastries are great and the rest of the food looked to be first quality, which would explain why the place was packed.

Address: Kingston shopping centre

Comparison: about average

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 5

Theme: Pizza

• Written Sep 19, 2005

iandsmith Visits Here Frequently!

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Canberra

Have you been to Canberra?

Latest Activity in Canberra