"Bigger than you think" Carnarvon National Park by iandsmith

Carnarvon National Park Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 126 photos

My Carnarvon story

I had my heart set on Salvator Rosa which is one of four places you can see Carnarvon NP. In the end, the weather foiled me and I got to spend three days and two nights at Carnarvon Gorge. I had to get out because of the weather also.
Some destinations don't live up to their hype, this is not one of them. It will please in one way or another; for me it pleased in many ways.

• Pros:Spectacular scenery, lots to see
  • Cons:Road in can be bad when wet
  • Last visit to Carnarvon National Park: Jul 2012
  • Intro Written Jul 18, 2012

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I worked and lived here in this beautiful place for just over a year before running off with one of the local fencing contractors and working with him for about 3 years around Springsure and Blackall lol

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
      Feb 18, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Wow, what a girl! I wanted to go up to the northern part (I think it was Saint something or other) but the rain hardly let up and I spoke to a couple of ladies who'd worked on the road and they said to forget it.
      Thanks for the ratings, cheers, Ian

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Feb 19, 2014 at 8:27 AM

yes it did seem to rain up there quite a bit. or got pretty hot and muggy...the rather lie about sort of heat. but certainly an interesting place...go for a wander to see the platypus in the creek or the huge monitaurs and kangaroos running around! I stayed on when it got quiet over the summer break and became the cook, barmaid, housekeeper....but cooking during Christmas and New Year for the local cockies that would come meant cooking for about 55 people each session!..put me In good stead for cooking for 76 in a nursing home in Sydney every weekend for about 5 years though when I needed a job to keep me going when I became a fulltime college and uni student after throwing in the towel to Qld for a move to Sydney!

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Looks like a great place. Thanks for the interesting tips and beautiful photos.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Carnarvon National Park

Have you been to Carnarvon National Park?

Latest Activity in Carnarvon National Park