"Where the boat comes in" Devonport by iandsmith
Devonport Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 74 photos
Devonport was originally settled as two towns, Formby and Torquay, in 1826. The towns were amalgamated in 1890. At this time, the town became known as Devonport, named after Devonport in England. Today, the eastern side of the Mersey River, once named Torquay, is now referred to as East Devonport. The building shown here was clearly on the "Formby" side.
Not to be confused with the more famous Coles Bay of Freycinet fame but this place has become popular in recent years... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Devonport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DEVONPORT ON THE MERSEY RIVER"
- "Devonport - Melbourne"
- "DEVENPORT N.W.TASMANIA.."
- "COASTAL CITY GATEWAY TO MORE BEAUTY"
- "Where the boat comes in"
- "The Realm Beyond"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devonport
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (276)
Have you been to Devonport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devonport
Photos in DevonportSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 226 reviews, 557 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos