"Anything goes land" Gold Coast by iandsmith
Gold Coast Travel Guide: 844 reviews and 1,788 photos
Okay, so I'm a male, but I'm willing to wager that even the female of the species couldn't help but notice the abundance of bouncing breast tissue that floats by the eye with monontonous (no, ignore that) regularity day and night.
It's a plastic show-off world where people seek to be seen and immerse themselves in the debauched lifestyle that Surfers Paradise caters for.
By day it's a world of sand, sea and surfers, whether top name performers or Japanese having their first lessons on the sand. There's not a lot of glitz unless you're at the casino and, even then, laid-back totally casual Aussie fashion predominates.
The restaurant scene is excellent, with top class chefs flaunting their wares and an atmosphere in most that makes you happy just to be there. Competition is fierce, which is why the standard is high.
Accommodation caters for all classes, from the basic caravan park and backpackers to the world's highest apartment block. The thing that amazes me is how many are booked out in non-holiday periods.
Just up the road are some of the other "worlds". Like Seaworld, Dreamworld, Movieworld etc.
If you're not frightened to get out and about among other people, there's an awful lot to do here.
Every year in September there's a sculpture symposium at Currumbin whereby selected pieces are set at various intervals along the beach front. I think it's a wonderful innovation and, since it was only commenced in the 21st century, may it continue forever.
- Pros:Sun, surf, beaches, nightlife, restaurants
- Cons:Can get steamy in summer, traffic
- In a nutshell:One of the world's great holiday destinations
Loved the atmosphere, comfortable seating and the service. Then the food came and I enjoyed the place even more, so... more travel advice
Though it's almost a continuous strip of beach north of Burleigh Heads there are small points that protrude and thus... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 34 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (268)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
Photos in Gold CoastSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos