"The Grampians - ancient splendour" Top 5 Page for this destination The Grampians by iandsmith
The Grampians Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 379 photos
Like many other places in Australia, the Grampians were formed by ancient upheaval and have since been eroded, mainly by water, until the shapes we see today become apparent.
Because it is not a top tier attraction it receives only a smattering of overseas tourists, yet, reminiscent of the Picos in Spain, The Grampians are immensely popular with locals and with good reason.
There are many wonderful walks and rock climbing all year round along with festivals and a sporting icon in Australia, the Stawell Gift, a handicapped foot race for professional runners.
In springtime (particularly October) the wildflowers are out on display, something that attracts birdlife and you can get free tours from the wildflower centre next door to the tourist office in Halls Gap, the central and most popular town for tourists visiting the Grampians.
There is also a wildlife park and a base for rock climbing, abseiling and mountain bikes.
The Grampians are known for their rock climbing, Mt. Aripiles being the most famous. This is real upside down,... more travel advice
Coming from Warrnambool or Port Fairy your introduction to the ranges is reasonably dramatic and certainly enticing.... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
The Grampians Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grampians National Park"
- "The Grampians/Parc National des Grampians"
- "THE GRAMPIAN'S NATIONAL PARK"
- "The Grampians - ancient splendour"
- "A Quick Look into the Grampians"
- "The Grampians"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Grampians
- Hotels in The Grampians
- Transportation in The Grampians
- Restaurants in The Grampians
- Shopping in The Grampians
- Warnings and Dangers in The Grampians
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Grampians
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (275)
Have you been to The Grampians?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Grampians
Photos in The GrampiansSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 228 reviews, 567 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos