"Hobart - relax, you're there" Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart by iandsmith
Hobart Travel Guide: 408 reviews and 862 photos
This shot was taken at Hobart airport so, there's a chance that you might even be able to get a similar shot......well, that is if you get the first flight in or stay there overnight in your motorhome as I did.
I was waiting to catch a flight to the southwest wilderness, something I managed to do and have covered in the tips.
There's three things you'll never forget when you visit Hobart and this mountain is one of them. It towers over 4,000 ft above the CBD and is a favourite place to go for locals and tourists.
No matter when you go up during the day you're sure to encounter cyclists and there's always someone at the top, in spite of what the weather might throw at them and, believe me, it can get severe up here.
You ain't seen windy till you get a windy day up here.
However, there's a whole range of worlds on this mountain. Once you get off the wind blown dolerite summit, the vegetation and climate change regularly on the way down. This shot was taken about 2/3 way up the mountain in the rainforest area.
One of the other things you'll never forget is the wonderful array of heritage buildings. Hobart is indeed fortunate to have so many and to have cared for them, unlike other cities that I won't name here.
- Pros:Scenic, relaxed, great history, good food, lovely by the Derwent
- In a nutshell:One of the better places to visit in Australia
There was so much going on from stalls to performers to magnificient boats it's all a bit too much to list. However, if... more travel advice
Now an imposing ruin, the Penitentiary was constructed in 1843 as a flour mill and granary. In 1857 it was converted... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Hobart Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Hobart Page"
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-HOBART"
- "Hobart - The Capital City of Tasmania"
- "Hobart - relax, you're there"
- "Snow on Christmas Day?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hobart
- Hotels in Hobart
- Transportation in Hobart
- Nightlife in Hobart
- Restaurants in Hobart
- Shopping in Hobart
- Warnings and Dangers in Hobart
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hobart
- 28 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Hobart?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hobart
Photos in HobartSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos