"Lorne - Somewhere on the Great Ocean Road" Top 5 Page for this destination Lorne by iandsmith
Lorne Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 173 photos
IF YOU'RE HERE BEFORE THERE'S 20 TIPS AND 50 PHOTOS YOU'RE TOO EARLY
Lorne is one of the main towns along the Great Ocean Road. The others are Port Campbell, Anglesea, Apollo Bay and Aireys Inlet.
There are also many villages scattered here and there and, one suspects, that's all there ever will be, i.e., a scattering, as the terrain of the hinterland is a natural barrier to development.
- Pros:Nice place to stop, shops, food, nice beach, attractions
- In a nutshell:Good layover point en route or good place for a holiday
Artist Julie Squires, an ex-Novocastrian (ex Newcastle) now living in Melbourne, was chosen as the person to create a... more travel advice
Not far from Loch Ard Gorge, the best of the Great Ocean Road, lies the most publicized part of the Great Ocean... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Lorne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "....And We're Off..... The beginning of the GOR!"
- "Sweetberry's Lorne Page"
- "Lorne - Along the Great Ocean Road"
- "Lorne - Somewhere on the Great Ocean Road"
- "Another Beachside Town on the Great Ocean Road"
- "Lorne, Great Ocean Road, Victoria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lorne
- Hotels in Lorne
- Transportation in Lorne
- Restaurants in Lorne
- Shopping in Lorne
- Warnings and Dangers in Lorne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lorne
- 11 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (268)
Have you been to Lorne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lorne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos