"Mittagong" Mittagong by iandsmith
Mittagong Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
It's a bit sad really. I can still remember when the Hume Highway used to go through Mittagong. I can still remember the traffic holdups and why they had to build the new freeway.
One thing I can also remember is that where the road used to split in two, there was a memorial. It's still there, hasn't changed except for a new coat of paint.
It's odd in a way. The bypassing is probably what's saved Mittagong and Berrima. Now people come because they want to be there, not because they're passing through. Hence the boost in tourist traffic over the ensuing years.
- Pros:Some good shopping and some nice history
- Cons:Cold in winter
- In a nutshell:Nice place to spend some time
As Mittagong sits atop the escarpment, many waterfalls are within easy driving range. Notable among them are Fitzroy... more travel advice
This shop first caught my eye because of the distinctive quoins in the architecture. It secondly came to my notice... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Mittagong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mittagong- The Gateway To The Nations Capital"
- "For sale in Mittagong"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mittagong
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Mittagong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mittagong
Photos in MittagongSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 140 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos