"Not only the lake is blue" Mount Gambier by iandsmith
Mount Gambier Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 335 photos
Mt. Gambier is synonymous with the Blue Lake but when you get there it almost literally "pales" into insignificance, especially if you're there at the wrong time of year.
The town and area have a lot going for them and I can understand why people tarry here.
There are vinyards nearby, along with everything from penguins to antique museums so there's a lot of titillating attractions without anything huge like a Disneyworld or such.
The kaarst landscape with its sinkholes makes for interesting possibilities and caving is certainly one of them though many are on private property.
The town has a rich history and a prosperous air being the major rural centre for some considerable distance.
- Pros:Varied attractions, nice landscape
- Cons:The Blue Lake wasn't that great
- In a nutshell:Worth spending more time there than I did!
Another example here of some attractive architecture featuring quoins, not too far from the fountain as it turns... more travel advice
These were a surprise, and a pleasant one at that. A sinkhole right in the middle of town. Site of the original water... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Mount Gambier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOME OF THE BLUE LAKE"
- "Welcome to my home!!"
- "MT GAMBIER"
- "Mount Gambier"
- "Gateway to South Australia"
- "Picanniny Ponds Snorkelling"
- "Mount Gambier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Gambier
- Hotels in Mount Gambier
- Transportation in Mount Gambier
- Nightlife in Mount Gambier
- Restaurants in Mount Gambier
- Shopping in Mount Gambier
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Gambier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Gambier
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (270)
Have you been to Mount Gambier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Gambier
- Posted in Travel Grafton Forum "Re: What does Grafton Need?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not only the lake is blue"
- created a Mount Gambier Travel Page "Not only the lake is blue"
- Wrote a Review More than just a nice building in Mount Gambier Favorites
- Commented on one of alisonr's Mount Gambier travel pages
Photos in Mount GambierSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 226 reviews, 557 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos