"Pilbara - what treasures await" Pilbara by iandsmith
Pilbara Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 36 photos
The Pilbara is known by most people as that big bit of land below the Kimberley and, while the latter has gleaned much of the publicity over the years, there is an ever increasing band of tourists making their collective ways into the Pilbara to unearth the magic it holds.
I mean, it's really extraordinary to think that places like Karijini (formerly Hamersely Gorge NP) and the Bungle Bungle have only really become popular since very late in the 20th century.
Unfortunately, VT haven't even gotten around to listing many of the towns in the area so it's hard to cover just only particular spot so I'll drop some hints for you in these pages.
- Pros:Some of Australia's finest National Parks
- Cons:Red dust, corrugated roads
For sheer photographic opportunites, nothing beat Knox Gorge on our trip through Western Australia. The light was just... more travel advice
This is a place for the adventurous. Here the grade goes from 5 to 6 and rightly so. Those unsure on their feet will not... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Pilbara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pilbara - what treasures await"
- "Pilbara Region, Western Australia"
- "Remote desert, billion-year old rocks, beauty"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pilbara
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Pilbara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pilbara
Photos in PilbaraSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos