"Port Lincoln" Port Lincoln by iandsmith
Port Lincoln Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 207 photos
I came to Port Lincoln with the idea of visiting Whalers Way. I'd read something of it in brochures and the internet. Nothing prepared me for the most awesome of days that my friend Bob and I would spend there. It's truly inspirational and I would venture to suggest that if one were to make a list of the top ten must-sees in Australia, they would be remiss were this place not to appear on it.
Obviously there's more to Port LIncoln than some semi-obsucre landscape, and that more is mainly fishing, as in tuna. There's a lot of nice homes in Port Lincoln and, directly or indirectly, our finned friends are responsible for most of them.
- Pros:Some of Australia's most epic scenery, great fishing, museums
- Cons:Can be a bit wild and woolly when the weather gets up
- In a nutshell:The area should be seen by all Australians at least once in their lives
For the western part of the National Park you need a four wheel drive. If you do, you'd want to allow some serious time... more travel advice
Just offshore was Golden Island, probably named when the sun was low on the horizon and the stone changed hue. The swell... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Port Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORT LINCOLN - SEAFOOD CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA"
- "Port Lincoln"
- "PORT LINCOLN"
- "Pt Lincoln:home of Aust's most feted sports star"
- "Escape and Relax by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Lincoln
- Hotels in Port Lincoln
- Restaurants in Port Lincoln
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Lincoln
- 28 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Port Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Lincoln
Photos in Port LincolnSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos