"Port Lincoln" Port Lincoln by iandsmith

Port Lincoln Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 207 photos

Gateway to some of Australia's most amazing views

I came to Port Lincoln with the idea of visiting Whalers Way. I'd read something of it in brochures and the internet. Nothing prepared me for the most awesome of days that my friend Bob and I would spend there. It's truly inspirational and I would venture to suggest that if one were to make a list of the top ten must-sees in Australia, they would be remiss were this place not to appear on it.
Obviously there's more to Port LIncoln than some semi-obsucre landscape, and that more is mainly fishing, as in tuna. There's a lot of nice homes in Port Lincoln and, directly or indirectly, our finned friends are responsible for most of them.

• Pros:Some of Australia's most epic scenery, great fishing, museums
  • Cons:Can be a bit wild and woolly when the weather gets up
  • In a nutshell:The area should be seen by all Australians at least once in their lives
  • Last visit to Port Lincoln: May 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2006

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2006 at 5:55 PM

Really nice and cozy pictures of the seashore, even if not especially the wave pic and the windfarm. Greater photos on top of great writing.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 3:35 AM

Crikey Ian, some people do some tough trips! That looks a great place, both scenically and piscatorially (and now on the list of places we want to go). Top stuff on all counts.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 10:33 AM

Wowww.... what can I say??!! Wonderful!!! Excellent page with beautiful photos Ian! And what a fantastic place to visit! Wish I could book a plane ticket right now and fly overthere to see it with my own eyes! :-))

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2006 at 3:50 AM

This piece of coastline looks spectacular too. Melbourne soon?? Let me know when...I want to check out your Winnebago :)

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Ian I am speechless! What a fantastic journey, exceptional photography and excellent writing. Some great laughs were had on your adventure, I know - not the least was the one about the kids.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 4:16 AM

Sure did.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 6:17 AM

Looks like you had another great holiday. Not yet been to the south of Australia, so thanks for sharing with us.

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Badges & Stats in Port Lincoln

Have you been to Port Lincoln?

Latest Activity in Port Lincoln