Robertson Hotel Tips by iandsmith
Robertson Hotels: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Delightful gardens at Ranelagh
I stayed here many years ago and, while I was there, took a picture of a pet wombat they used to have and it won me a prize.
The place is just so wonderful. I really don't remember the food or bed or anything except that it was such a joy that places like this exist.
Do yourself a favour one day and take time out to savour ye olde worlde delights.
Unique Qualities: Fountaindale Grand Manor (nee Ranelagh House), was originally built in 1924 and opened as Hotel Robertson. The Hotel boasted a nine hole golf course, two tennis courts, croquet, lawn bowls, billiards, fishing, hunting, horseback riding, and an onsite mechanic who looked after guests’ cars during their stay. The hotel won the “Most luxurious hotel in the Commonwealth” award in 1925, and was the first hotel in Australia to have phone lines to every room.
When it faded it became Ranelagh House in 1930 and later served as a WRAAF base during the war before becoming a Franciscan friary and seminary until 1972. It still has its own railway station that operates on Sundays as the Cockatoo Run Tourist Train stops for lunch.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: At the eastern end of town, just as the road starts to head downhill
More Reviews (8)
iandsmith's Related Pages
Robertson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Robertson: Waterfalls and Setting for "Babe"!"
- "Spuds are us"
- "Welcome to Robertson!"
- "Lush and Green Robertson"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Jardi
- Threadneedles Hotel
- Magna Graecia Hotel
- Lyon Mulhouse Bastille
- Anda White Beach Resort
- Park Hyatt Johannesburg
- Melbourne Inn Trinidad
- Best Western Texas Country Inn
- Greenlinks Golf Resort
- Sakol Hotel
- Vainguinim Valley Resort
- Shah's Beach Resort Melaka
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal
- Townhouse Hotel
Badges & Stats in Robertson
- 9 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Robertson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Robertson
Read real reviews about Robertson Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 141 reviews, 334 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos