"Walhalla - more than just a one horse town" Walhalla by iandsmith
Walhalla Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Walhalla, the name alone evokes mystery. Shades of Valhalla you may well think and you'd be right.
This is one of Victoria's treasures and rightly so.
An old gold mining town it still retains many of the original buildings and you can still go down one of the old mines.
The day we were there just happened to coincide with a charity horse ride so we got more of an historical feel than we bargained for.
- Pros:Great atmosphere, good history, very scenic
- Cons:A bit out of the way
- In a nutshell:I already plan to return there
There's lots of little interesting things to see on the walk, the poppet head of the Long Tunnel Gold Mine for one and... more travel advice
There's a really neat walk. One end of it starts from adjacent to the rotunda. At the top of the stairs if you turn... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Walhalla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Walhalla - more than just a one horse town"
- "WALHALLA S.W. VICTORIA"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Walhalla
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Walhalla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Walhalla
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos