"More than just trees" Top 5 Page for this destination Walpole by iandsmith
Walpole Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 147 photos
Originally established in the early 1930’s as a group settlement for farmers, with timber milling developing soon after, the region is most famous for the Giant Red and Yellow Tingle Trees, many over 400 years old.
It has also developed into one of the richest dairy and beef farming
areas in the State, and is surrounded by National Parks and State Forests.
It also has one of Australia's great one day tours, not necessarily because of what you see but the person that runs it.
- In a nutshell:Pleasant place to stop
It was bizarre but rivetting entertainment. The only pause came when we docked at the ocean end of Nornalup Inlet. Here... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Walpole Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Walpole, Western Australia"
- "Walpole And Walpole-Nornalup National Park"
- "Walpole - Home Of The Tree Top Walk"
- "More than just trees"
- "Walpole WA - Wildflowers, Beaches & Tree Top Walk"
- "a pretty little WA town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Walpole
- Hotels in Walpole
- Restaurants in Walpole
- Shopping in Walpole
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Walpole
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Walpole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Walpole
Photos in WalpoleSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 140 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos