"Wee Waa" Wee Waa by iandsmith
Wee Waa Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos
"Wee Waa is a mere 42 kilometres off the Newell Highway, west of Narrabri, and is a gateway to the far west centres of Walgett, Collarenebri, Lightning Ridge Opal Fields and beyond.
Wee Waa is serviced by: Countrylink Rail, interstate coaches, and daily air services offered through Narrabri.
The Wee Waa district has an average summer minimum temperature of 17° and a maximum of around 37°. Recorded average winter minimum and maximum temperatures are 3° and 17° respectively. The district can also expect a rainfall level of approximately 635 millimetres in one calendar year. It is 190 m above sea level.
The Aboriginal meaning of Wee Waa is "Fire for Roasting", and it was the first town on the Namoi River, having had its beginnings in 1837. The birthplace of Australia's modern cotton industry, in April the area transforms into snowy white profusion from horizon to horizon as the cotton harvest gets under way. The town has 2 motels, 4 schools, a preschool, ABC Learning Centre, 2 hotels and 2 Caravan Parks as well as fine eating-places, a swimming pool, picturesque 9-hole golf course, bowling club, tennis courts, a modern sporting complex, a hostel for the aged and a new medical centre"
iandsmith's Related Pages
Wee Waa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wee Waa
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (278)
Have you been to Wee Waa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wee Waa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 228 reviews, 567 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos