"The Prom - a place for nature" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilsons Promontory National Park by iandsmith
Wilsons Promontory National Park Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 161 photos
With 50,612 hectares to explore, you'll need more than a day trip to see much of Wilsons Promontory yet that shouldn't deter you from making a day trip there for there are ample amounts of scenery to soak up on a day trip.
The hardy types can satisfy themselves with several longer walks, the most attractive of which would be the trek to the lighthouse and back where these days, subject to bookings, you can at least get some home comforts in the new B&B there.
Two of the other highlights are Squeaky Beach, one of the world's finest (and not a high rise in sight) and the oft-climbed Mt. Oberon, at the time of writing in healing mode.
If you have ever thought you might like to go there, as I had been pondering, I would recommend that you make plans. It's that good.
The second time I went there was in spring. Wow, wildflowers everywhere with the same beautiful beaches.
I went for a walk to Little Oberon Beach. The colours and the day were sublime. You can see what I'm talking about in the "Off the Beaten Track" section.
- Pros:Wonderful beaches, nature, scenery, walks.
- Cons:Can get windy
- In a nutshell:One of Australia's great National Parks
Mount Bishop, a granite outcrop seen in all bar one of these pictures, is something of a forgotten prominence in the... more travel advice
Yes, lots of it, especially in spring when the gum tips compete with flowers for the brightest display. People from... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Wilsons Promontory National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Prom - a place for nature"
- "A Weekend in the Wilson...."
- "The Prom"
- "Wilsons Promontory - where Stone meets Sea"
- "Wilsons Promontory - Great Weekend Getaway!"
- "Wilsons Prom is worth the hike"
- "Wilsons Promontory National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Hotels in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Nightlife in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- 39 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Wilsons Promontory National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Posted in Travel Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Forum "Re: Tour Help!"
- Wrote a Review The mountain beyond in Wilsons Promontory National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The mountain beyond"
- updated a Wilsons Promontory National Park Travel Page "The Prom - a place for nature"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Wilsons Promontory National Park travel pages
Photos in Wilsons Promontory National ParkSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 225 reviews, 552 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 150 reviews, 380 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos