"Life in a village" Yackandandah by iandsmith
Yackandandah Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
Yackandandah is a village hanging in there. Modernity certainly hasn't swept it away which is why I like to visit the place.
Another of the mining towns that opened Australia up though these days tourism is unquestionably what holds the strings together and, when you have lovely mature tree lined streets and genuine historical buildings.
Some are showing their age or have gone to other uses but some still remain and are vibrant with activity.
- Pros:Pretty, authentic, laid back
- Cons:A bit out of the way
- In a nutshell:I came back
The Athenaeum (library) and Bank of Victoria are fine examples of the town's excellent streetscape. The whole CBD, such... more travel advice
There's a walk out the back of the CBD. It's not a long walk and, when we went on it there was much evidence still of... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Yackandandah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life in a village"
- "Yackandandah and the Valleys of gold"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yackandandah
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (275)
Have you been to Yackandandah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yackandandah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 226 reviews, 557 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 136 reviews, 485 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 152 reviews, 383 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 254 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 172 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 76 reviews, 191 photos