"A slow boom" Top 5 Page for this destination Yamba by iandsmith
Yamba Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 86 photos
When you arrive at Yamba there are definite signs of progress. Modern housing estates, new industrial estates, shiny yachts in the marina. In fact, the only reason, I suspect, that the place hasn't boomed more is that it is at the climax of a dead end road.
When you turn into the main street it still has that 50's flavour about it with small shops, locally-owned and they know most of their customers. One of the reasons for the town going ahead, apart from the great fishing, was the surfing boom. Though Yamba itself doesn't have great waves, nearby Angourie is one of Australia's legendary right hand point breaks and home of Nat Young, a well known, not always popular, legend of the Australian surf scene.
- Pros:Nice beaches, nice weather, great fishing, relaxed atmosphere
- In a nutshell:What more do you want for a holiday?
For years I used to travel up to Queensland for holidays and sometimes you'd get to see the canefields ablaze at... more travel advice
This is what Main Beach can look like in the early morning, just when you're about to take that invigorating walk to... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Yamba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weekend in Yamba for an October Wedding"
- "A slow boom"
- "A Mighty Wind"
- "Relax at Yamba"
- "YAMBA...NEW SOUTH WALES."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yamba
- Hotels in Yamba
- Restaurants in Yamba
- Warnings and Dangers in Yamba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yamba
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Yamba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yamba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 220 reviews, 527 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 140 reviews, 333 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coffs Harbour Intro, 73 reviews, 183 photos