Land Sachsen Hotel Tips by iandsmith
Land Sachsen Hotels: 3 reviews and 5 photos
7 hotels in one
This was luxury, but, for me, not quite the 5 stars it's touted to be.
Mind you, there was a lot to like. The splendid top floor spa and sauna facilities alongside the gym for starters.
The rooms were very nice, expecially the bathroom that had extras you'd not normally expect like two sinks, a magnifying mirror and hair dryer. The foldaway television and spacious beds were a couple of other things I liked as well as the neat little balconies overlooking the Elbe (depending on what room you get).
The hotel has four restaurants but, I have to say, while the food is quite acceptable and well presented and the waiters well trained, they still left me wanting a little more. Previously during our trip, notably at Fellini's in Erfurt and two Italian restaurants in Bamberg, the food was unforgettable. This didn't quite rate with that.
Outside by the river there is an expansive area where, when the weather is kinder than when we were there, you could wile away hours simply relaxing with a drink in hand.
The rooms are well laid out, especially the bathrooms which is important for the ladies. They not only have hot and cold running water in the two sinks but sound from the T.V./stereo as well.
This fully renovated hotel looks like the five star it claims to be and lives up to that in many ways.
My only gripes (and, it must be said, I'm only nitpicking here) were that I couldn't get my weetbix for breakfast and you have to ask for toast (it's a bit of an oddity in Germany) plus there's no tea making facilities in the rooms or anywhere else after the restaurants have closed which I think is pretty shabby if you're claiming to be 5 star.
They also claim they have a laundry but, when I was there, it wasn't actually available as something hadn't been finished yet but, since it was several months after they'd opened, I thought that was a bit slack.
Unique Qualities: There is also free internet, a big plus in my books, but, since there may be well over 100 guests and there's only one computer, don't expect to walk down and jump on. Again, for a five star, I think they should have at least two.
This hotel pampers to all your requirements in the manner of health spas. It has things I haven't even listed here but I can tell you that there's a pool, sauna, spa, full gym, massage facilities and more, all on the upper (fourth) floor. In your room you will find gowns and towels supplied to take advantage of them.
It also has a prime location overlooking the Elbe if you're lucky enough, as I was, to get a room doing just that.
There are at least four restaurants though all are not necessarily open at the same time. The breakfast one is apt to be closed except for tour buses and such at night time but that leaves you with at least a few other options.
There are balconies on some rooms that would be really nice in summer but were fairly underutilized by us since it was nearly snowing some of the time.
I can tell you also that there's at least five sets of lifts and you won't have a clue where you are at least once in your stay. Still, you don't have to walking in the great outdoors for exercise, simply trying to find reception on the first morning will ensure you get half an hour's exercise in!
There's a safe in the room should you need one also.
There are always staff on hand at reception and they are well trained and courteous and there was always someone who spoke English while I was there.
They can arrange lots of things for you to do so never be afraid to ask, even for a night at the opera in Dresden or such.
Address: Markt 1-11 Bad Schandau
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Trust me, when you get off the ferry, you can't miss it. It's the big building right in front of you.
Phone: 35022 919-0
More Reviews (32)
iandsmith's Related Pages
Land Sachsen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sachsen / Saxony - a great county to explore..."
- "Saxony Tales"
- "Land Sachsen - Saxony"
- "Saxony - A Gem In The Heart Of Europe"
- "Beautiful Sachsen"
- "Saxony - Little Switzerland"
- "Pushing out"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Sachsen
- Hotels in Land Sachsen
- Transportation in Land Sachsen
- Nightlife in Land Sachsen
- Restaurants in Land Sachsen
- Shopping in Land Sachsen
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Sachsen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Le Crayon
- Aloha Hotel
- Ponta Negra Beach Residence
- Premier Inn London Kew
- Swissotel Chicago
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm El Sheikh
- The Inn At Beaver Creek
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hilton Times Square
- Alexander Inn San Francisco
- Newport Spa and Whirlpool Suites
- Marquis Los Cabos
- Somerset Jadaf
- Maui Kai Condominiums
Badges & Stats in Land Sachsen
- 102 Reviews
- 354 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Land Sachsen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Sachsen
Read real reviews about Land Sachsen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 218 reviews, 513 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 138 reviews, 323 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 151 reviews, 296 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 167 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 153 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (112)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Land Sachsen hotels
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos
- Leipzig Hotels
- 516 Reviews - 1103 Photos
- Görlitz Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 959 Photos
- Bad Schandau Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 349 Photos
- Zwickau Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 418 Photos
- Chemnitz Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 580 Photos
- Zittau Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 211 Photos
- Pirna Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Meißen Hotels
- 121 Reviews - 514 Photos
- Kurort Oberwiesenthal Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Altenberg Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Zwota Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Zwenkau Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Zöllnitz Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Zabeltitz Hotels
- 2 Hotels