"Bamberg - every cloud has a silver lining" Top 5 Page for this destination Bamberg by iandsmith
Bamberg Travel Guide: 436 reviews and 1,344 photos
This is a World Heritage Listed town that has escaped the ravages of modern wars and it retains an historic charm that cannot fail to win the visitor over.
How prophetic that the reason it is as you now see it is because of the weather. In 1945 it was listed to be bombed and the night raid commenced but when they reached Bamberg there was 10/10ths cloud and they went elsewhere.
Bamberg is more than a World Heritage listed city though, it is also busy manufacturing beer, electrical equipment, textiles, and leather goods.
The Rathous (town hall) building is probably the highlight with its painted walls but Maximilianplatz, little Venice and the churches on the hill are other highlights.
You should also spend time in the wonderful park that is an island in the middle of the Regnitz. Each morning I would avoid transport and deliberately stroll the earthen paths past its sculptures as the river bore its load ever onward to the sea beneath the overhanging deciduous trees that line the banks.
- Pros:Beautifullly preserved historical centre, very interesting, excellent restaurants
- In a nutshell:Highly recommended destination
I kept seeing this tag done in chalk and wondered what it was all about. Thought it was all about Easter. The first two... more travel advice
The right portal of the Dom (pic 1) is called Marienpforte and has in its eardrum the Virgo adored by St. Peter, St.... more travel advice
iandsmith's Related Pages
Bamberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Famous landmarks"
- "Wonderful Bamberg"
- "Medieval Bamberg"
- "Beloved Bamberg !"
- "Bamberg - every cloud has a silver lining"
- "The best of Bamberg...."
- "Bamberg - an UNESCO world heritage site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamberg
- Hotels in Bamberg
- Transportation in Bamberg
- Nightlife in Bamberg
- Restaurants in Bamberg
- Shopping in Bamberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamberg
- 25 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Bamberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamberg
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Planning a trip with Kids in..."
- updated a Bamberg Travel Page "Bamberg - every cloud has a silver lining"
- Wrote a Review Boettingerhaus in Bamberg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A healing experience"
- Commented on one of lonestar_philomath's Bamberg travel pages
Photos in BambergSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 222 reviews, 537 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 128 reviews, 448 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 149 reviews, 376 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 152 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 165 reviews, 253 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 88 reviews, 259 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 75 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 72 reviews, 209 photos
- New England Range Intro, 97 reviews, 171 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos