"Wahiawa on a local level" Wahiawa by TropicGirl77

Wahiawa Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 78 photos

Welcome to Wahiawa!

Welcome to Wahiawa! This page, (while it may have a lot of interesting tips for the tourist,) may be more beneficial as a "newcomer's guide"

A little about the community ~

Having experienced many years living in Waipahu, it was refreshing to rediscover that there were cooler places on the island! Wahiawa is definitely NOT a tourist town, and you'll not find temporary lodging here, nor the hustle bustle of tourism in the streets. What you'll discover is a wonderful community of local gems (by local I mean of Hawaii, with the spirit of aloha and keen sense of "ohana.")
<p> We have our own library , post office, many banks and more fast foods, restaurants, and churches than any little town I know of! Because we are outside a military town, we have all types of businesses that are so frequently associated with a military town. We are also plagued with prostitution and high drug traffic.

We have cooler climates and more rainfall than Honolulu. One population count reads just over 17,000 ~ but according to the 1996 census update, the count is well over 37,000 when you include the military bases which bear Wahiawa addresses. Kolekole Pass connects Schofield to Waianae or the west side of the island.

One of many landmarks

This bridge is your landmark that leads you into Wahiawa from the Northshore.

• Last visit to Wahiawa: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 4, 2007

• jto's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 12:44 PM

..:: IT ::..

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Wow! I didn't expect Wahiawa to even have a page -- and such a good one at that! Sadly, Del Monte is closing...

• islandgrlt's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2005 at 11:23 PM

I'm a Wahiawa girl and miss it so much.When you move away, you realize all the little things that you take for granted. Wahiawa is a wonderful place to live. The people there are sweet and really show the aloha spirit. I MISS WAHIAWA, BUT I'LL BE BACK!!!!

• Quero's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 10:41 PM

This brings back memories of my visit to Oahu! I've been to that Dole Corner place, and also the botanical garden, and some others.... never would have remembered all this otherwise. Thanks!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2004 at 8:46 PM

Shame we didn't get time to have a look around here. Too busy seeing all the mythical places on the North Shore that I grew up reading about. A week in Oahu was not long enough!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 6:30 PM

Wonderful page! Sounds like a great place to go. There's nothing like a good beach. :o)

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 12:05 PM

fruity! lovely page! haha reminds me of a day i had to eat a whole pineapple (no-one else wanted) ... pffff, toilet all day next day! lol see ya val! have a great monday!

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2004 at 11:38 PM

so many fruit activities... papayas..bananas.... pineaples...!

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 2:32 AM

I miss Wahiawa, I miss the roosters at all hours, I miss the view from your house when we started the day, I miss the rainbows, the birds... may I caome back and visit again one day?

• Kodi01's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 1:12 PM

I was here, hey where are those masacaba? donut tips? Yummy!

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in Wahiawa

Have you been to Wahiawa?

Latest Activity in Wahiawa