"Not just Volcanoes!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii Volcanoes National Park by TropicGirl77

Answers to many volcano questions right at HVNP

I always get that certain excitement when planning my trip to Kilauea. I still can't understand why I wasn't this enthused when it began errupting during my teen and young adult years! I suggest you prepare for the volcano tour long before you leave home ... it may make your tour more comfortable if you had listened and brought that light rain jacket the brochure mentioned. Pack a flashlight for lava tube or tunnel exploration, or even night trekking.

FIRST STOP ... the Visitor Center for all the key facts .

What else to expect at the volcano

Well, hard to believe, but Kilauea is rich in vegetation! You will find an unbelieveable number varieties of plant life in the Volcano National Park.

• Last visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2004

• jto's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2007 at 9:40 AM

MMMM

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 1:08 PM

Hawaii Volcanoes looks like a very interesting and beautiful national park. Seeing a lava flow must have been quite an experience!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 1:09 PM

Great tips...I've seen bubbling mud & geysers in NZ...and volcano's in Indonesia...but the National park looks awesome...happy travels

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2005 at 12:52 PM

Interesting page on the National Park - I visited the volcanic islands in the Canaries - not as lively!!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2005 at 2:55 PM

When you say that the Volcano house Hotel has a warm atmosphere, I hope you don't mean from the Volcano ;-) Lovely page, I would love to see the lava flow, I have never seen anything like that!

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 3:19 PM

Too right protect the innocent!!! lololol my my who is that professional looking nurse on the left????

• annk's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 11:52 AM

Darn....I missed the lava flow! I must go back someday.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 4:30 PM

Awesome pix Valorie. Too bad we didn't get the chance to go there. Well, maybe next time.Hugs.Lori.

• radz's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 1:35 AM

Stunning pics,Nice page .Tgal

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 2:01 PM

I've always had an interest in Vulcanology, the science of volcanoes. Nice page. Great pics.

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Have you been to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?