"Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) by TropicGirl77

Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide: 10,603 reviews and 27,502 photos

Returning to the Islands !

I lived here in Hawaii when I started writing these pages. There is so much to see and do here in our beautiful state, it would fill my page so quickly. My main Hawaii page will contain general activities, customs etc, and then I will try to make a separate page for each major city/town or island worth visiting, or include travelogues. There might be some tips repeated on other pages, so my apologies in advance.

Returning several years ago after having been absent from the islands for nearly 15 years, we met with the tolls of change, yet were thrilled that much was still the same in beauty and hospitality! I cannot leave these islands again without first seeing all there is to see. Walk with me through the aisles (or should I say "isles") as I map my travels and travelogues. Be sure to check out my travelogues (which I can now find on my own with the new VT makeover)

Check out ALL the islands' beaches!

Be sure to check out the beaches along the northshore of O'ahu ! We have the best waves here and the most beautiful beaches, and by far the best sunsets in all of the pacific! Here is a photo of Waimea Bay on a calm day. See my "Warnings/Dangers" tip to see a view of this beach with 35 ft waves! Coming soon . . . travelogue on beaches along the O'ahu shoreline.

Abundance of Plants on the Islands

The islands provide a splash of color throughout the year. Even in November, our roadsides are lavishly sprayed with full bloomed bougainvilleas and plumerias. Travelogue on flowers and other plants of the islands is in the works.

Need a crash course on Hawaiian words? Check this out ... Beginning Hawaiian, 101
ALOHA ==> Hello, Welcome, Farewell, Love etc etc AKAMAI ==> Smart, wise E KOMO MAI ==> Welcome! HANA ==> Work, KANE ==> Man, KEIKI ==> child, children, MAHALO ==> Thank You, OHANA ==> Family, PAU ==> Done, finished, WAHINE ==> Woman

• Pros:Beauty everywhere! Aloha runs rampid!
  • Cons:High costs and lots of POLLEN!
  • In a nutshell:Tropical overdose!
  • Last visit to Hawaii (State of): Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2007

• Apr 10, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Hello, just wanted to let you know. your yellow birds are saffron finch. they were everywhere when i was last there but didn't see them before that. I believe your sandpiper is a juvinile pacific golden plover.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 2:25 AM

Hi Valorie. Gorgeous page here with many very interesting and useful tips! I enjoyed reading your insights and stories. Greetings from the desert / Jess in Dubai :-)

• Travel_Larry's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM

I can't thank you enough for mentioning things like this. There aren't enough people in the world that are looking out for our beautiful creatures. :)

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Hi,Valorie! your Hawaii pages are so great!

• Sep 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM

$35 is only for the meal if you buy it by itself, which they normally don't allow. And what would you recommend, a luau with a kissing line like Germaines? I wouldn't recommend those other luaus, because they aren't really luaus.

• purenoni's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 8:43 PM

If you go to PCC's luau, it is only $85 which is the standard rate for any luau in Hawaii, plus you get to visit 7 authentic villages for 6 hours, a canoe ride, a canoe pageant, IMAX files, 12 shopping area, Hawaii's largest evening show & Hawaiian Luau.

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 11:38 PM

We just moved to Hawaii for three years and love it already. we hope (futilely, I'm sure) to have Hawaii pages as good as yours some day!

• funkymama's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Well you see,that's what i mean,sun ,coconut trees,surfers,only the ticket bah :-))

• jto's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 7:38 AM

Sportyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

• morgenhund's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 10:55 AM

Great page on Hawaii - one day I'll get there! Mike

TropicGirl77 Used To Live Here!

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)

Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?