"Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) by TropicGirl77
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide: 11,165 reviews and 29,871 photos
I lived here in Hawaii when I started writing these pages. There is so much to see and do here in our beautiful state, it would fill my page so quickly. My main Hawaii page will contain general activities, customs etc, and then I will try to make a separate page for each major city/town or island worth visiting, or include travelogues. There might be some tips repeated on other pages, so my apologies in advance.
Returning several years ago after having been absent from the islands for nearly 15 years, we met with the tolls of change, yet were thrilled that much was still the same in beauty and hospitality! I cannot leave these islands again without first seeing all there is to see. Walk with me through the aisles (or should I say "isles") as I map my travels and travelogues. Be sure to check out my travelogues (which I can now find on my own with the new VT makeover)
Be sure to check out the beaches along the northshore of O'ahu ! We have the best waves here and the most beautiful beaches, and by far the best sunsets in all of the pacific! Here is a photo of Waimea Bay on a calm day. See my "Warnings/Dangers" tip to see a view of this beach with 35 ft waves! Coming soon . . . travelogue on beaches along the O'ahu shoreline.
The islands provide a splash of color throughout the year. Even in November, our roadsides are lavishly sprayed with full bloomed bougainvilleas and plumerias. Travelogue on flowers and other plants of the islands is in the works.
Need a crash course on Hawaiian words? Check this out ... Beginning Hawaiian, 101
ALOHA ==> Hello, Welcome, Farewell, Love etc etc AKAMAI ==> Smart, wise E KOMO MAI ==> Welcome! HANA ==> Work, KANE ==> Man, KEIKI ==> child, children, MAHALO ==> Thank You, OHANA ==> Family, PAU ==> Done, finished, WAHINE ==> Woman
- Pros:Beauty everywhere! Aloha runs rampid!
- Cons:High costs and lots of POLLEN!
- In a nutshell:Tropical overdose!
There is so much history in the confines of this Palace. Fabulously restored Iolani Palace after the overthrow of the... more travel advice
Yes, Hawaii has it all! From luaus, to movies and street entertainment, to dinner cruises to night clubs and comic clubs... more travel advice
- See All Love and Aloha via Flower leis
- See All Huge waves!
- See All Northshore Sunset
- Waikiki is full of Hotels
- Shopping away from Honolulu
TropicGirl77's Related Pages
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hang Loose in Hawaii"
- "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- "A Month In Paradise"
- "Hawaii this beautiful place we fell in love with."
- "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- "BlueCollar's Hawai‘i"
- "" ISLAND of OAHU ""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawaii (State of)
- Hotels in Hawaii (State of)
- Transportation in Hawaii (State of)
- Nightlife in Hawaii (State of)
- Restaurants in Hawaii (State of)
- Shopping in Hawaii (State of)
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii (State of)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)
- 140 Reviews
- 307 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawaii (State of)
- updated a Hawaii (State of) Travel Page "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Your first vt meet."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spectacular Hawaiian Sunsets"
- Commented on one of rdw66's Hawaii (State of) travel pages
- Wrote a Review Iolani Palace, Our Nation's only Palace in Hawaii (State of) Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Waikiki Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wahiawa Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue