"Our Nation's Capital" Washington D.C. by TropicGirl77

Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,653 reviews and 15,102 photos

Visiting DC

For the simple more relaxed citizen, visit the DC area, but never consider living there! Life is fast paced here. Our trips to the DC area have always been one day visits, so we try to see a different area with each trip. I finally got a good photograph of the Capital building. Be sure to look for my travelogue on our short trip to Washington DC

Washington Monument

We walked around the area for hours taking photographs from different angles of the monument. This is, by far, my favorite. Again, if you've been following any of my posts, you already know that I'm looking for that perfect reflection picture, and this one turned out rather nice. Don't forget to get your National Parks Passbook stamped here! See as many of the monuments and memorials as you can.

Walk along the Gardens

Walking is by far the best method to really see this area. We took a relaxing stroll along the walkway and ventured across this serene scene.

• Pros:Be careful for pickpockets and high priced tourist items
  • Cons:Beautiful and rich in history
  • In a nutshell:Bring a drink, plan well, and enjoy this history rich city.
  • Last visit to Washington D.C.: Oct 2002
  • Intro Written Dec 9, 2002

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Nice job, I love DC. Although I don't find those squirrels as endearing, we call them rats with bushy tails around here. HAHA

• Suet's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 8:02 AM

Nice page dear, now I actually have time to READ it.....

• jto's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 12:39 AM

Cooooool page;)

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2003 at 9:39 PM

We have not the greatest memories ,of washington , but only because we got lost and I kept driving in circles and the kids were young , but it looks wonderfull Valorie when you show it .we will have to return.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 8:14 PM

too many wars have been fought.give peace a chance! thanx Valorie for a good page

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 3:40 AM

Very interesting page Valorie, great coverage of the memorials.

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 3:57 PM

Lovely page of the memorials.

• Alphons's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 10:44 PM

very nice page, brings back memories, i visit Washington DC in 2001, greetings Alphons...

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2003 at 9:29 PM

My # 1 place to travel to is DC to see the Vietnam Memorial. Haven't got the courage yet to go see it tho.

• dgeorge10's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2003 at 8:59 PM

I agree with your must-sees. The war memorials were the highlight of my visit.

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.

Have you been to Washington D.C.?

Latest Activity in Washington D.C.