"Our Nation's Capital" Washington D.C. by TropicGirl77
Washington D.C. Travel Guide: 5,764 reviews and 15,478 photos
For the simple more relaxed citizen, visit the DC area, but never consider living there! Life is fast paced here. Our trips to the DC area have always been one day visits, so we try to see a different area with each trip. I finally got a good photograph of the Capital building. Be sure to look for my travelogue on our short trip to Washington DC
We walked around the area for hours taking photographs from different angles of the monument. This is, by far, my favorite. Again, if you've been following any of my posts, you already know that I'm looking for that perfect reflection picture, and this one turned out rather nice. Don't forget to get your National Parks Passbook stamped here! See as many of the monuments and memorials as you can.
Walking is by far the best method to really see this area. We took a relaxing stroll along the walkway and ventured across this serene scene.
- Pros:Be careful for pickpockets and high priced tourist items
- Cons:Beautiful and rich in history
- In a nutshell:Bring a drink, plan well, and enjoy this history rich city.
This was "closed" when we were last there, so this will be a useless tip! Here is the best photograph we could get of... more travel advice
Coming from Hawaii where we lack many of the accustomed four-legged wild creatures, it was neat to see the squirrels... more travel advice
TropicGirl77's Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Your first vt meet."
- Commented on one of roamer61's Washington D.C. travel pages
- Wrote a Review Washington Monument ... about Washington Monument in Washington D.C. Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Via Metro"
- created a Washington D.C. Travel Page "Our Nation's Capital"
Photos in Washington D.C.See All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 25 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Waikiki Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wahiawa Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue