"Colorado, no longer just a Dream!" Colorado by TropicGirl77

Colorado Travel Guide: 5,597 reviews and 11,830 photos

Colorado: The Great Outdoors!

My Colorado page reflects the precious few shorts stays as we stopped by to visit family. My ventures in this BEAUTIFUL state have been limited to the Colorado Springs area, Pikes Peak and close surrounding areas. There is no way possible you could ever run out of things or places to explore! Pictures keep cropping up as I re-visit to the area (lucky to have a sister living there!)
I don't have enough info on separate towns to complete a page, so I will combine all the attractions I've been to under the state of Colorado, rather than a separate one tip page for each attraction.

Family day out ...

There are truly so many things to do as a family right in Colorado Springs. It's amazing that even with a sizeable city ... there is still much land reserved and preserved! Cheyenne Mountain Zoo definitely deserves a thumbs up. Garden of the God's, amazing that it's free, and will ever remain so! Hot Air Balloon events color the skies from very early during festivals, and if you just want to view this colorful event, more than likely you can view at a distance for free and STILL get a great view!

Focus on the Family anyone???

For years we had listened to Focus on the Family, and even routinely listened to Adventures in Odyssey over the radio. Imagine our surprise at how easy it was to find in Colorado Springs on one extended visit! There is a lot of quality literature and resources coming out of this establishment!
************************************************************************************************
There is so much going on in Colorado ... my best advice is to be open to all the possibilities in this beautiful state and you won't be disappointed!

• Pros:Too beautiful to miss
  • Cons:Can be a bit expensive, but tourists expect that
  • In a nutshell:Visit Colorado and be inspired!
  • Last visit to Colorado: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 26, 2006

TropicGirl77 Used To Live Here!

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in Colorado

Have you been to Colorado?

Latest Activity in Colorado