"Going places in North America" Top 5 Page for this destination North America by TropicGirl77

North America Travel Guide: 352,948 reviews and 822,452 photos

Our 50th State

Moving back to Hawaii has been a dream come true. Since returning to the beautiful island of O'ahu, we have made it a point to visit as many attractions as possible. Must sees are the Arizona Memorial, Diamond Head Trail (quite the hike, but the breathtaking view from the top is more than worth every step!), Waimea Falls Park, and the beach for that matter; Pali Lookout, and at least one drive around the island. If you have the time, a trip to the Big Island "Hawai'i" to see the active volcano is worth the extra buck.
Try some of the local foods, you may not like some, but it's always fun to taste new foods anywhere you go.

Our Nation's Capital

I think every American should be excited to visit our nation's capital! We have done so on several occasions, yet never set foot inside! Ah, something to look forward to in the coming years (whenever they open back up for tours) Look around my pages and you will find more info on the Capital and surrounding attractions (District of Columbia page)

• In a nutshell:Enjoy our land, and preserve it for generations to come.
  • Intro Updated Mar 15, 2003

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Hello Valorie. I've always wanted to drive through the USA, preferrably east-to-west-coast, but that trip will still take a few years of planning... Loved your tips and photos here, great info, thanks for sharing! Greetings from Dubai / Jess

• jto's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Son of Sporty got a message! ;)

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 2:11 AM

a map? what's that? they are a total mystery to meeeeeeeee :P

• horsinround2's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 9:36 PM

So true about the National Park passbook. I only found out about them recently and just cringe over all of those missed stamps!

• radz's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2006 at 5:06 AM

This nice page TG!!!

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 4:52 PM

White Sands Nat'l Monument looks like a fascinating place to visit.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 1:54 AM

A drive along the Appalachians must be wonderful.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 12:26 AM

My husband and I drove through Shenandoah Valley as the leaves were turning colors - but it was almost 29 years ago!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2004 at 1:23 AM

nice page .. haha yr way of travelling is much a like mine .. places in between are so tempting to visit! sometimes it makes me wonder if i ll ever get where i m heading for ..

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 6:44 PM

Great Page Valorie We traveled to 37 US States and planning to visit them all It shows how much Lori & I do like to travel in the USA , we love it ,the great people the wonderful rural areas and roads ,we will keep coming to visit untill not able anymore.

TropicGirl77

“Grab your camera and snap baby snap !”

Badges & Stats in North America

• 3 Countries

Have you been to North America?