"RickL's new Baracoa Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa by RickL

Baracoa Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 224 photos

Just got back from Baracoa. Loved it (mostly)! Will be adding lots of pics and tips here! This is a picture of the Malecon with Hotel La Rusa in the middle.We spent 4 days exploring Baracoa which has been described as one of the hidden treasures of Cuba....and it is!!! The bus ride alone was well worth the trip. The full-sized Viazul bus was honking its horn almost constantly as the skinny mountain road had a blind corner about every 3 feet! I wasn't concerned for us but for any other would-be travellers coming the other way because I'm not sure if there was sufficient room to maneuver around the bus. However, we made the 5 hour trip safely with one quick stop so the locals could sell us bananas and other produce.

• Pros:Very charming!!!
  • Last visit to Baracoa: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2003

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 4:00 AM

Rick - very good tips ! And El Colonial we visited several times.Baracoa is like paradise on earth ! Greets from Belgium.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2003 at 8:39 AM

That's cool that you got to see a carnival. I wonder what it was all about . . . ? Well done.

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 1:41 PM

Great tips, it let’s me dream about my holiday in the paradise of Baracoa. hope to see more pics of Baracoa soon.

• May 3, 2003 at 8:55 AM

You have some great tips here. I love the pictures, too!

Badges & Stats in Baracoa

Have you been to Baracoa?

Latest Activity in Baracoa