Guantánamo Warnings Or Dangers Tips by RickL
Guantánamo Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 0 photos
Crimes against tourists are extremely rare but crime between Cubans is common. Particularly in the eastern provinces where unemployment is high and the police are generally chosen for their political loyalty and not their expertise. My Cuban family in Guantanamo got robbed soon after I left for Havana. I think those nights I was sitting on the porch put some ideas into their neighbour's heads that a 'rich tourist' was there and there must be great gifts inside. They didn't find anything and instead stole all the clothes they could carry. If you do make friends in Cuba be aware of the impact your presence will have on your friends as well.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Mi suegra
- Moto electrico
- See All Public Library
- See All Monopoly
- See All Internet Access
RickL's Related Pages
Guantánamo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RickL's new Guantanamo Page"
- "PAllen's new Guantanamo Page"
- "A bit of USA in Cuba"
- "Guantanamo - just passing through"
- "Guantanamo Bay for the day."
- "american military base of Guantanamo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guantánamo
- Hotels in Guantánamo
- Transportation in Guantánamo
- Nightlife in Guantánamo
- Restaurants in Guantánamo
- Shopping in Guantánamo
- Warnings and Dangers in Guantánamo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Austin Hotels
- Larnaca Hotels
- Cala Millor
- Johor Bahru
- Assateague Island Hotels
- Ann Arbor Hotels
- St. Croix
- Italy Warnings and Dangers
- Belfast Warnings and Dangers
- Venezuela Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to avoid
- Malta Warnings and Dangers
- Uganda Warnings and Dangers
- Columbus Warnings and Dangers
- Davao City Warnings and Dangers
- Cali Warnings and Dangers
- Cusco Warnings and Dangers
- Moldova Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Guantánamo
- 24 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Guantánamo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guantánamo
Top 10 Pages
- Cuba Intro, 45 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Guantánamo Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Havana Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Cuba Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Viñales Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Victoria Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Mexico Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos