"Goree Island" Ile de Goree by adhitya
Ile de Goree Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 103 photos
A must see island.
Discovered by the Dutch in 1440. The island is immediately made by all european colonizers as slave market.
The system is that dutch, portuguese, spanish, dutch and english all captures africans (mostly from area of gulf of benin) and caged all the slave in slavehouses.
After that, american privateer comes from America, crossing the atlantic and buy slaves from these slavehouses. 100% of africans descendants in US and Brazil can trace their ancestors to this island.
in 1960 UNESCO decided to reserve this island as a humanitary heritage.
I forgot how much it was but Teranga Hotel is a chain of novotel-sofitel-accord hotel chains which worlwide service is... more travel advice
adhitya's Related Pages
Ile de Goree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goree Island - Slave Island"
- "weekend in Île de Gorée"
- "Île de Gorée"
- "The Escape from Dakar!"
- "Goree, an oasis in the middle of the sea"
- "Goree Island"
- "Ile de Goree"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ile de Goree
- Hotels in Ile de Goree
- Transportation in Ile de Goree
- Restaurants in Ile de Goree
- Shopping in Ile de Goree
- Warnings and Dangers in Ile de Goree
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ile de Goree
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Ile de Goree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ile de Goree
Photos in Ile de GoreeSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Wilaya de Fes Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Dakar 1 review, 5 photos
- Abidjan Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Ile de Goree Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Denmark Intro, 1 review, 1 photo