Newcastle upon Tyne Transportation Tips by Grootpiet
Newcastle upon Tyne Transportation: 60 reviews and 53 photos
It's great when it takes you a maximum of 20 minutes to get from your house to the airport...
Newcastle is well connected with European cities through scheduled flights, and also has a number of tour operators with flights to the islands, Cyprus, Turkey and Mexico.
As a bonus, it's well-connected with the Tyne & Wear Metro system.
With it's location on the coast, Newcastle has convenient ferries running across to some European cities, notably Amsterdam.
The major routes are:
Gothenburg, Kristiansand, Amsterdam, Bergen, Haugesund & Stavanger.
There are always ads for cheap Scandinavian cruises in the local newspapers, most for under a hundred pounds.
The Royal Quays is also a great place for Outlet shopping right at the harbour.
The Tyne & Wear metro has a good coverage of Newcastle, the airport, Gateshead, North & South Shields & Whitley Bay.
Always clean, and rarely jampacked, it conveniently runs in a a series of loops around the city.
St. James is it's most impressive station, with a heavy dedication to football apparent in the decorations.
More Reviews (18)
Grootpiet's Related Pages
Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A city and its river"
- "Many Bridges To Cross"
- "It's a different land"
- "The Toon"
- "Newcastle upon Tyne Page"
- "Love at first sight!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Transportation in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Nightlife in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Shopping in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Warnings and Dangers in Newcastle upon Tyne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newcastle upon Tyne
- 22 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Newcastle upon Tyne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Posted in Travel Puerto Viejo Forum "RE: Fun solo travel place wanted..."
- Wrote a Review Hot Box cafe in Newcastle upon Tyne Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Lonsdale"
- updated a Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Page "Good times on the Tyne"
- Commented on one of toontraveller's Newcastle upon Tyne travel pages
Photos in Newcastle upon TyneSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Toronto Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Capri Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kruger National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- San José Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 7 photos
- Provincia de Puerto Plata Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tyne Bridges- 43 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Day trips from Newcastle- 14 Reviews, 19 Photos
- The Castle- 24 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Baltic Gallery & Quayside art- 28 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Angel of the North- 14 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Museums- 16 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Cathedral- 12 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Roman Newcastle & Hadrians wall- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Metrocentre & Eldon Square shopping- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Football- 14 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Newcastle upon Tyne Things to Do