"Visions from Cuba" Cuba by agarcia

Cuba Travel Guide: 5,240 reviews and 12,953 photos

Sometimes, Cuba came back to me in the form of a semi deserted beach of impossible white sands, under the immense blue of the tropical skies.

Other times, Cuba is the streaking colors of the streets of Havana Vieja, or a Sunset from El Malecom, of the taste of the Mojitos of the National Hotel, or a crazy Baracoan night, or the Chess House of Santiago , or the proud face of a Guajiro in the valley of Viñales.

Cuba has so many sides in my memories, and yet the one I cannot forget, the one that will always be with me is that powerful sunrise over the Cienfuegos Bay.

Remarkable as it is, that sunrise was just a single moment of beauty of a day that I can’t forget because of other completely different reasons. Because that day started with a spectacular display of colors and ended in an intensive care room of Cienfuegos regional hospital. Nothing serious though; just a reminder that we must to be cautious while eating in the streets. As I said before, Cuba has many sides in my memories…

• Last visit to Cuba: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 28, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 8:18 AM

¡Hola Alfredo! Tu pagina ha me disfruto mucho, tu escribes muy bien y las fotografias...maravillosas! ¡Feliz cumple desde Finlandia!

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Dear , you have wonderful Cuba page , thanks , i hope see you here in my country

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2005 at 12:31 AM

You have amazing pics and I like your writing. Well done.

• ocean_fire's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 3:42 AM

ay ay ay...i gotta reach this place some time soon!!! thanks for sharing! hugs, julie

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2005 at 9:57 AM

Cuba es un placer a que, por razones obvias, tengo que atrasar. Pero soy bastante joven a ver los cambios necesarios de hacerlo posible para mí.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2005 at 1:55 PM

Havana a must to visit, Baracoa the end of the world, but a paradise i will revisit again and again.

• Marta23's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2004 at 1:00 PM

I also visited Cuba in September, but my pics are nearly not as awsome as yours are. xoxox

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 10:04 AM

Te fui'te a Cuba hermano! joé!!! que rico!!!! yo tambien quiero!!!!!!!!! Preciosa la foto del Chevy!!!

• Lilasel's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 1:39 AM

Great pictures, Spanish boy!!! I enjoyed them so much!!!! Those faces in your travelogue.... Besos

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 12:10 PM

Me gustan tus fotos de primer plano de vehiculos :)) el carruaje de sevilla y este precioso coche rojo cubano :) besos

agarcia

“Let me tell you what I saw...”

Badges & Stats in Cuba