"Port of light" Porto by agarcia

Porto Travel Guide: 1,035 reviews and 2,720 photos

Sometimes, without giving you any option, the cities that you're visiting are the ones that actually choose you as its visitor. Porto belongs to this kind of merciful towns, seducing me with the decadent and lazy charm of its sloping streets, filling my senses with its overwhelming life, or just playing with my camera as the sun reflected over the Duero river... Sometimes, cities are just like true friends: you don't choose them, they choose you.

Slow could be an accurate word for describing the life in Porto, in the same way that neither "quiet" nor "boring" would. For me, simply witnessing that amazing human spectacle was rewarding enough, as that was exactly the kind of things that I wanted to discover in Portugal; Not the churches or monuments, but the real life. That's what I bring back to Madrid with me... well, actually it was that, and a good provision of Port wine bottles ;-)

• In a nutshell:The colorful and underrated Portugal's heart (or guts, not sure about that) ;-)
  • Last visit to Porto: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2004

• sylina's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM

enjoyed so much the beautiful pictures and interesting tips.. Thanks! :)

• antonela's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Beautiful photos. You are fortunate to have travelled to all these magnificent places. I have always wanted to go to Spain.I admire Spanish artists.I wish you well.

• Apr 2, 2006 at 1:32 AM

Excellent portrait of the Mediterranean way of life I'm so familiar with from the place where I was born. You have an excellent writing style - funny, observative and informative.

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2005 at 11:23 AM

At last, a Porto page that is well written, accurate and informative. Thanks for the insights into the city that I missed on my visit :). Definitely the best Porto page I've read.

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 6:34 AM

Great page about this nice place! I like the pictures and useful infos. Greetings from Warsaw.

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 6:04 PM

Great Porto-page! You're writing in a very funny way, so reading your pages gives me both good information and a good laugh! :-) Keep on working! /Henrik

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2004 at 1:18 PM

loved yur page ...mui bien!

• shellybelly567's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 1:38 AM

Great photos and really great writing too...I loved your story about the "spectacular bridge"

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 7:49 PM

Beautiful storytelling and photos, Alfredo. One of your best pages!

• MarioAlmeida's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 1:27 AM

You have a great way of telling people about your impressions. Thoughts are as good as your photos.

agarcia

“Let me tell you what I saw...”

Badges & Stats in Porto