"Port of light" Porto by agarcia
Porto Travel Guide: 1,035 reviews and 2,720 photos
Sometimes, without giving you any option, the cities that you're visiting are the ones that actually choose you as its visitor. Porto belongs to this kind of merciful towns, seducing me with the decadent and lazy charm of its sloping streets, filling my senses with its overwhelming life, or just playing with my camera as the sun reflected over the Duero river... Sometimes, cities are just like true friends: you don't choose them, they choose you.
Slow could be an accurate word for describing the life in Porto, in the same way that neither "quiet" nor "boring" would. For me, simply witnessing that amazing human spectacle was rewarding enough, as that was exactly the kind of things that I wanted to discover in Portugal; Not the churches or monuments, but the real life. That's what I bring back to Madrid with me... well, actually it was that, and a good provision of Port wine bottles ;-)
- In a nutshell:The colorful and underrated Portugal's heart (or guts, not sure about that) ;-)
I think it's a pretty fair deal: You pay 2 euros for the visit; they reward you with a couple of glasses of fine Port... more travel advice
agarcia's Related Pages
Porto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spring and Port Wine!"
- "A Fine Port"
- "a colorful city on the river"
- "The Fairy Tale City in Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto
- Hotels in Porto
- Transportation in Porto
- Nightlife in Porto
- Restaurants in Porto
- Shopping in Porto
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto
- 15 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Porto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto
Photos in PortoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 81 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues