Madrid Transportation Tips by agarcia Top 5 Page for this destination
Madrid Transportation: 417 reviews and 435 photos
Sol Metro station
It's not a big secret; El Metro is the most convenient transportation system in Madrid. It is cheap, reasonably punctual, easy to use, and fairly safe. Don't expect any interesting view while using it, though. Only if Latetia Casta is seated next to you in the train... but no, this is not going to happen ;-)
Atocha is not only the mayor train hub of southern Madrid, but also a delicious visit by itself. The station has three different sections: the commuting trains one, the long distance and the oldest and most beautiful: the tropical garden. Right now is under restoration, but when it works at "full capacity" the humidifiers create a REAL tropical atmosphere there. It’s an spectacular visit… but be aware that the human body tends to sweat copiously when facing such humid atmospheres ;-)
Other Contact: Plaza del Emperador Carlos V
Phone: 902 24 02 02
More Reviews (79)
- See All Segovia's Gate
- See All Amazing Toledo
- See All Madrid financial heart
- See All Eye candy
- See All Mojitos taste better in Cafe Belen
agarcia's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 81 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 93 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 81 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues
- Retiro Park- 121 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Plaza Mayor- 142 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Prado Museum- 153 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Bullfighting- 56 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Royal Palace- 120 Reviews, 224 Photos
- Puerta del Sol- 83 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Almudena Cathedral- 64 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Gran Via- 44 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Atocha- 37 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Casa de Campo- 19 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Madrid Things to Do