"Scent of Provence" Top 5 Page for this destination Arles by agarcia
Arles Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 774 photos
It takes a while to discover the hidden live of Arles, as it flows slowly behind the Roman ruins and the legacy of Van Gogh. You have to dig deeply into its little and tortuous streets to find how beautiful life could be when you keep it simple. When the peak moment of the day is when you play petanque with your pals. Or when you sit for a while under the shadow of an ancient tree, simply waiting for the time to pass. Life could be so plenty if we simply chase simple things...
Here I found what I was looking for. Here all my senses were awakened by the scent of lavender, the taste of the food, the impossible colors... Here I was happy. I left Arles with the pain that you feel when you have to depart from I lifetime friend.
- Pros:Van Gogh footsteps, Roman monuments, great cultural life
- Cons:Not the liveliest place on Earth during the night ;-)
- In a nutshell:All the charm of the Provence, with the charm of the Roman ruins
Placed in the city center, reasonable prices, excellent breakfast, and friendly staff… I could feel like in home with... more travel advice
My grandfather used to play petanque in the park next to our home. He even tried once to teach me the mechanics of the... more travel advice
agarcia's Related Pages
Arles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arles & Provence: Van Gogh, Wine and Roman Ruins"
- "Welcome to the ancient city of Arles!"
- "Scent of Provence"
- "The Best Tourist Site in Provence"
- "Moscow - Arles"
- "Looking for Vincent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arles
- Hotels in Arles
- Transportation in Arles
- Nightlife in Arles
- Restaurants in Arles
- Shopping in Arles
- Warnings and Dangers in Arles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arles
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Arles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arles
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 81 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sevilla Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 6 travelogues