"Ia Orana!" Papeete by petwouters
Papeete Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 194 photos
Although I was worried about visiting Papeete after reading rather negative reviews on the net, I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. I liked Papeete. I spent 1 day exploring the city before heading off elsewhere, and we loved it!
Yes, it's not the cleanest city. But no offense, this is the capital of French Polynesia, the biggest city between Auckland and Santiago, and you just simply cannot expect to see "travel brochure beauty" on your first glimpse of FP! And it's a heck of a lot cleaner than LA, Athens, and many other places I have been to, including some in the South Pacific.
The city is a busy hustle and bustle of people, traffic, business people, and never ending streams of tourists, mostly coming off cruise liners. That has to cause a fair bit of noise!
To be continued...
- Pros:Nice city for what you can expect, has everything you need, great gateway to the rest of French Polynesia.
- Cons:Noisy and dusty
petwouters' Related Pages
Papeete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "P A P E E T E"
- "Our Gateway to the "Other Side of Paradise""
- "Papeete, the main city of Tahiti!"
- "Only One Hour In Tahiti! No Fair!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Papeete
- Hotels in Papeete
- Transportation in Papeete
- Nightlife in Papeete
- Restaurants in Papeete
- Shopping in Papeete
- Warnings and Dangers in Papeete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Papeete
- 1 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Papeete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papeete
Photos in PapeeteSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vientiane Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kapellen Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Leuven Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Papeete Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bright Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Tsavo National Park East Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bogong Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wollongong Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos