"Beautiful Bright" Bright by petwouters

Bright Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 25 photos

A village unlike any other

Ah... Beautiful Bright. A village in northern Victoria, roughly 120 km. south of Albury (southern NSW).

I was first introduced to Bright a few years ago, when I was in Australia to visit the girl who later became my wife. We were there in late July, and it rained the whole time. Not the best experience.

However, my wife kept insisting that Bright is absolutely stunning. So, somewhat reluctant, we returned to Bright in 2007. In the Easter holidays, eager to see Bright in its full glory. Unfortunately, the Easter holidays were very early that year, and so it was still quite hot in Bright. No sight of coloured leaves, cold temperatures,... Again, I had my doubts about it all.

Having seen postcards with stunning images and beautiful colours, I decided there must be something about this village that I hadn't seen. So, again, we decided to go on holidays to Bright, just recently, in 2009. And... BINGO! The town looked so different, with a mind blowing spectacle of colour. The cooler temperatures had well and truly set the trees off into autumn mode, colouring their leaves and dropping them to the cold autumn floor.

It was a fantastic holiday with our 1 year old daughter, and I hope to share some of the experiences in these very humble pages. I hope you enjoy them.

Useful books...

We found it quite useful to take a few books with us to guide us around the Bright area.

One is particularly interesting. It is titled "70 Walks in Victoria's Bright and Falls Creek Districts" by Tyrone Thomas, published by Hill of Content.

Although a rather old book, it indeed features 70 very detailed walks (with maps) in the Bright area. Long walks, short walks, hard walks, easy walks,... Something for everyone. Very recommended.

The other book we found particularly useful is the Lonely Planet Guide on Victoria - features a reasonable amount of pages about Bright and surroundings, with some interesting hints about where to go and what to do. I'm sure this book would be available in most Australian libraries, and of course in bookshops.

• Pros:Beautiful village, small, walk everywhere!
  • Cons:You need to drive a bit to get to the bigger walks in the area...
  • In a nutshell:A Treat For The Eyes!
  • Last visit to Bright: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2009

Comments

petwouters

“Travel the world to love the people living on it!”

Badges & Stats in Bright