"LeoM's new Oak Harbor Page" Oak Harbor by LeoM
Oak Harbor Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 42 photos
Welcome to the city where I grew up.
Oak Harbor is a community of 20, 600 people, which makes it Whidbey Island's largest incorporated community.
Oak Harbor was named for the many Garry oak trees that once covered this magnificant area.
Oak Harbor's success was due to two things. The building of Whidbey Isalnd Naval Air Station in 1942, and the completion of Deception Pass Bridge in 1935.
The Garry Oak tree, shown in the picture, , helped give the name to Oak Harbor.
Click Here for more pics of the Garry Oak Trees at Smith Park.
Here's a picture of an old A6 Intruder.
This plane was the mainstay, which made Oak Harbor famous.
This plane was dedicated to the City of Oak Harbor. It resides on City Beach...
Click Here for more pics
- Pros:A great place to grow up and enjoy life
- Cons:nightlife is not the same as it use to be.
- In a nutshell:Oak Harbor...rocks!
Historic Downtown Oak Harbor, on Pioneer Way. This was and still is the original part of Oak Harbor. The city has gotten... more travel advice
Beautiful scenic area in southwest Oak Harbor, a nice scenic drive that goes to Strawberry Point. more travel advice
LeoM's Related Pages
Oak Harbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whidbey Island!"
- "LeoM's new Oak Harbor Page"
- "My Home Town"
- "Undergoing Editing - not much here yet"
- "falicia2000's new Oak Harbor Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oak Harbor
- Hotels in Oak Harbor
- Transportation in Oak Harbor
- Restaurants in Oak Harbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oak Harbor
- 4 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Oak Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oak Harbor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oak Harbor Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Bellingham Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- La Conner Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues