"Mt Baker- Artist Point and Heliotrope" Mount Baker by LeoM
Mount Baker Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 33 photos
This if from the other side of Helitrope. Heliotrope is to the right of Baker.
This picture was taken just 6 miles from Mt Baker at Artist Point. The day was so clear, that you could see
for many miles in all directions. Got here before lunch time.
<<to see more of my adventures near and around up to Artist Point>> .
Mt Baker with the Coleman Glacier.
The trailhead begins 8 miles from the Mt Baker Hwy, on Glacier Creek Rd. The Heliotrope Ridge Trail which is about a 3 mile hike, on switchbacks that crosses above the treelines and meandoring streams that melt from the glaciers. It is best to hike in the morning, because the streams dont melt as fast as they do in the afternoon. It is also best to get your parking permit from the Ranger Station, so you don't get a ticket, plus there are no pay stations up there. The views from the trail are stunning, as well. Make sure to bring plenty of snacks and water. Use the bathroom before starting. The bathroom on the trail which is about 2 miles in, is just a box that you sit on, and enjoying a nice clear view of the area.
The Glacier Public Service Center for the Mt Baker Snoqualmie National Forest. This is where you need to get your parking permit. The station is located on Mt Baker Hwy in Glacier on the right side.
<<click here>> , to see more of The Heliotrope Ridge Trail.
- Pros:Great for a day hike! Stunning views
- Cons:Very cold in the mornings
- In a nutshell:Nature at it's best
LeoM's Related Pages
Mount Baker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "pure snowboarding not far from civilization"
- "The Gateway To The Mt. Baker Recreation Area!"
- "On The Mountain"
- "Mt Baker- Artist Point and Heliotrope"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Baker
- Hotels in Mount Baker
- Restaurants in Mount Baker
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Baker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Baker
- 0 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mount Baker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Baker
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oak Harbor Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Bellingham Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- La Conner Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues