"Welcome to Coupeville" Coupeville by LeoM
Coupeville Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 31 photos
Here is a sign, that was posted on the wharf, for the town of Coupeville, Washington. Coupeville, which is a town located in Central Whidbey Island has a population of about 1,800 residents. It has more than 50 buildings listed on the National Hostoric Register. Coupeville takes a step back into 19th Century America.
It retains a strong sense of it's past through restored Victorian styled homes and businesses, it's old historic wharf, and reminants of it's old block houses, that are still standing today.
Founded in 1852, by a bunch of "City Sea Captains", for which one named after them., Captain Thomas Coupeville. the only mariner from that time era to sail a full-rigged ship through the churning waters of Deception Pass.
Coupeville is a historic place filled with crowd pleasing Arts and Crafts Festival, Concert on the Cove, and other fun-filled festiviities.
Coupeville is also the government seat for Island County.
Click Here to see more pics of the Coupeville Wharf
Here is a pic of The Alexander Blockhouse, with the Island County Historical museum to the right of the Blockhouse.
The Alexander Blockhouse was one of about 11 built in the mids-1800's. when pioneers feared indian attacks. gravestones dating back to 1853 are reminders of those adventuresome pioneers.
Here is a pic of an old historic fishing house. It dates back to the mid-1800's.
click here for more pics
- Pros:Very historic and very artsy community
- Cons:parking can be a pain.
- In a nutshell:A great place to visit and tour.
LeoM's Related Pages
Coupeville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Coupeville
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Coupeville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coupeville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oak Harbor Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergen Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Bellingham Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- La Conner Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues